Are you in a toxic relationship with a narcissist? What are the signs of a toxic relationship? It can sneak up on you if you’re not careful. Learn everything you need to know to find out if you’re dealing with narcissistic abuse in a toxic relationship – or if you’re just in a relationship that needs a little help.
Let’s start by discussing briefly what a healthy relationship looks like. Ideally, your relationships should be healthy and fulfilling. And your partner or anyone you’re in relationships with (including your partner or spouse, friends, and your family members) should genuinely care about your wellbeing – and vice versa.
Healthy relationships also involve discussing stressful matters and being honest with one another about any problem you are having in the relationship. They are a two-way street, reciprocal and even though there will be times when one of you gives a little more than the other, if you look at the relationship as a whole, it balances out. You are each giving an average of the same amount overall.
You know how to compromise together and you support one another. Does this sound like your relationship? Unfortunately, that isn’t always the case. Sometimes, relationships are toxic. That means these relationships are far from healthy.
Is your relationship toxic?
Still not sure? Check out this video for 158 signs you’re dealing with narcissistic abuse. Or take this toxic relationship test over at QueenBeeing and find out.
If these signs that you’re a victim of narcissistic abuse resonate with you, then you might be in a toxic relationship. Is it worth salvaging? That depends on a few factors.
Start with asking yourself one question: is your partner a narcissist or are they just a broken person who can still heal?
Identifying a Narcissist vs a Traumatized Person Who Can Still Heal
How do you tell the difference between a narcissist and someone who has experienced trauma (or is just immature), but could still be healed? Watch this video to find out how to figure out whether the person you’re dealing with has the capacity to heal. Plus: learn about the one quality ALL narcissists lack and seven ways narcissistic personality disorder can manifest (the narcissistic spectrum).
If you are in a toxic relationship and you have determined that you’re dealing with a narcissist or someone who might have NPD, you’ve got a lot of decisions to make. But above all, you have to figure out how to heal yourself in this process. You can start with this free online narcissistic abuse recovery workshop.
Presenting the Full DUO Method Signature Workshop by Angie Atkinson – Heal Your Codependency
Here is a free narcissistic abuse recovery workshop you can take from the comfort of your own home. It is just over 30 minutes long and value-packed. You will finish with a better understanding of what you’re dealing with if you’re in a toxic relationship with a narcissist and you’ll know exactly what steps you’ll need to take to heal from narcissistic abuse.
Helpful Reading on Narcissism & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
- Toxic Narcissism in Relationships: Top 10 Warning Signs You’re Being Gaslighted
- Narcissistic Rage and Narcissistic Injury: What You Need to Know
- How Self-Proclaimed Narcissist Sam Vaknin Gaslighted Me on Facebook
- Are you married to a narcissist? 12 easy ways to know for sure
- Exposed! 10 Shocking Facts Your Narcissist Doesn’t Want You to Know
- Broken Eggshells: The real reason you haven’t already left your narcissist
- Twisted Toxic Love: Inside the Distorted Mind of a Narcissist
- Are you being gaslighted? 10 things you need to know
- Toxic Relationships and Narcissism: Know the Stages of Gaslighting
- The Narcissistic Flip: Why and how it’s always your fault
- Narcissistic Altruism: The Gift That Keeps On Taking
- Shocking Truth: This is Why Even Very Smart People Can Be Gaslighted
- Toxic Love: 44 warning signs that you’re being emotionally abused
- Codependent-Toxic: Portrait of a Narcissist’s Significant Other
- Take Back Your Life: How to Control a Narcissist
- Take Back Your Life: Stop Letting Your Narcissist Parents Control You, NOW!
- Love a Narcissist? Stop Gaslighting in its Tracks With This Foolproof Trick
- Help for Victims of Narcissism and Gaslighting
- Let’s Talk About You: 10 Signs YOU Might Be a Narcissist
- Triangulation: Why you should never try to fix an argument for a narcissist
- Toxic Relationship? How to Stop Feeling ‘Dead Inside’
- See more articles here