Dealing with narcissistic abuse in a toxic relationship is draining to say the very least. Going through recovery from these relationships can be, on some levels, even more challenging. Knowing how to advocate for yourself during and after a toxic relationship, while increasing general awareness, and caring for yourself are essential day-to-day necessities as you go through the complicated process involved in narcissistic abuse recovery.
The good news is that you don’t have to go it alone. In fact, one of the most effective ways you can get the support you need during this process is to join a proper online narcissistic abuse recovery group.
Why Should You Join an Online Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Group?
Often, survivors of narcissistic abuse find themselves feeling isolated and alone while they’re in a toxic relationship – and when they finally get away from their abusers, many don’t know anyone in “real life” who actually gets what they’re going through. Now, you could certainly join any peer group, on or offline, but if you aren’t careful, you might end up involved with a group that could be less healthy than you’d hope – and in some cases, a group that is actually detrimental to your recovery.
When you join one of the QueenBeeing SPANily Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support groups, you’ll have the peace of mind of knowing that our dedicated admin team, along with our coaching team, has your back. Not only does our team ensure that our group is actively moderated and managed, but they are there to support you in your recovery, along with our members.
The SPANily support groups bring together professionals who are experts in narcissistic abuse recovery (and, in our case, who are also survivors of abuse themselves), along with and those who are actively working through their own narcissistic abuse recovery process on a day-to-day basis. Together they use this forum to swap ideas, and encourage, and educate each other. A narcissistic abuse recovery support group, in order to be effective, must play five critical roles on a day to day basis.
Comprehensive Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support
We offer comprehensive support that is directed to your personalized recovery. Our narcissistic abuse recovery support groups help bring people who are going through (and who have gone through) narcissistic abuse together. We encourage interaction and growth between all involved. This support offers a foundation upon which the group members are invited to participate in the educational opportunities that are available to them through our various platforms. We offer a number of different forms of narcissistic abuse recovery support, including a self-assessment to help you find the best kind of support for your personal situation in recovery.
Positive Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support
Another major function of a narcissistic abuse recovery support group is to offer positive support by providing an atmosphere of encouragement and a safe environment to vent and express one’s emotions without fear of reprisal or judgment. This positive support will help break down barriers and allow you to flourish and be recognized for each step you take toward your personal recovery.
Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Educational Support
All the positive support in the world will accomplish nothing if we don’t first build a solid foundation for education. Our narcissistic abuse recovery support groups promote educational programs to increase your knowledge and understanding of both the abuser in your life and yourself. We also help you understand the psychology and the dynamics of your toxic relationships and help you to grow forward and gain self-esteem, the ability to recognize, set and uphold your own boundaries, how to avoid toxic people in the future, and much more.
Situational and Stage-Specific Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support
Depending on your situation and where you are in your own narcissistic abuse recovery, you may choose to join one or more of our support groups. This may involve who your abuser is or was (parent, spouse or partner, or other), and it may involve your stage of recovery. (Not sure where you stand? Take our online narcissistic abuse recovery stages self-assessment right here.)
Advocacy for Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
The final and most critical function of a narcissistic abuse recovery support group is their role as an advocate to protect and educate those that do not understand narcissistic abuse, and who may not recognize their own abuse (and thus, stay in an abusive situation) as a result. That is a big part of the reason we have created these groups, along with the wealth of free online narcissistic abuse recovery information and resources available to you through our network.
Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups
Here is a list of our currently active narcissistic abuse recovery support groups. If one of these is right for you, please click the linked name of the group to check it out and decide if you’d like to join. Our narcissistic abuse recovery support groups are facilitated by trauma-informed certified life coaches and a team of skilled admins who are empaths and fellow survivors.
We have both free and inexpensive options. These currently include the following.
Free Options for Online Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support
- SPAN (Support for People Affected by Narcissistic Abuse in Toxic Relationships) – A free, private Facebook support group that is professionally moderated by an amazing team of admins and the QueenBeeing coaching staff.
- SPANily Support for Co-Parenting with a Narcissist – If you’re co-parenting with a narcissist, this is the group for you. A parenting-focused narcissistic abuse recovery support group facilitated by certified narcissistic abuse recovery coaches Angie Atkinson and Colleen Brosnan.
- Support for Adult Children of Narcissistic Parents – If one or both of your parents were narcissists, chances are, you’re struggling more than you may realize. Get support from people who have been there.
- Divorce Support for Victims of Narcissistic Abuse – Facilitated by our legal expert, paralegal, and divorce coach Misty Dawn, this divorce support group offers support for divorcing a narcissist, before, during, and after.
Shine.Buzz Daily – QueenBeeing.com’s sister site, Shine.Buzz, is all about helping you to raise your vibrations so that you can create the life you truly want. This group is a SPANily group for those who are in the overcoming and evolving phases.
Boldly Evolving Empaths (QueenBeeing BEEs) – Facilitated by certified narcissistic abuse recovery coaches Angie Atkinson and Lise Colucci, For those survivors who are ready to thrive and who have passed the discovery and understanding phases and are ready to push forward into the next phase in their lives.
- SPAN Book Club – Facilitated by SPAN admin Sarah Brown, this group offers you the opportunity to get your intellectual stimulation and share camaraderie over a shared hobby, while alleviating the typical loneliness and isolation suffered by survivors of narcissistic abuse from the comfort of your home.
Low-Cost Options for Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support
- The SPANily Home – QueenBeeing.com’s OFF-FACEBOOK private narcissistic abuse recovery and resource center. Closely monitored and managed by our team of certified narcissistic abuse recovery coaches. Pricing starts at $3.99 per month.
- Free Video Coaching –Our narcissistic abuse recovery coaches Angie Atkinson and Lise Colucci each offer free online video coaching sessions through the QueenBeeing YouTube Channels. Subscribe here for Angie’s sessions and subscribe here for Lise’s sessions. To be notified 5 minutes before each coach goes live each time, you can text ANGIELIVE for Angie or LISELIVE for Lise to 33222.
- Group Coaching Program – Several weekly session times available for small group coaching. Learn more and sign up for sessions here.
QueenBeeing.com offers all kinds of resources for support for people who are affected by narcissistic abuse and working on their recovery. That includes group support, as listed above. Looking for more personal support? Check out our one-on-one coaching options, right here.
You might also find these videos helpful:
- Going No Contact with a Narcissist (What NO ONE Tells YOU) -**NEW**
- The Narcissist Underestimates You
- When You See the Narcissist After No Contact
- Narcissists Make You Feel Lonely (THIS is WHY and HOW)
- The #1 Thing a Narcissist Will NEVER Give You (No Matter What)
- Guided Sleep Meditation & Subliminal Healing for Narcissist Survivors (Heal While You Sleep)
- How to Get Rid of a Narcissist in Your Life (Healing After a Toxic Relationship)
- Personalized, Guided Narcissistic Abuse Recovery & Healing: There’s an App for That!