It’s not just you. Narcissistic abuse is real, it’s so much more common than you think, and it is really difficult to recover from.
But despite how you might feel right now, you CAN do it. We know because we have been there too.
That is why we can confidently tell you that you can get through this, and we want to help. Narcissistic abuse recovery is hard, but you don’t have to do it alone. We’re here to help with a list of resources that can help make your journey easier.
Whether you need immediate support for a situation you’re dealing with right now or you’re looking for tools that can help you heal over time, we’ve got the resources to help you navigate your recovery from narcissistic abuse.
That means everything from free, online support to small group coaching to private, one-on-one care; plus all the tools and information you’ve got the time or energy to consume.
Let us help you heal. Below is a list of resources for anyone who is dealing with a narcissist in a toxic relationship, or who is going through narcissistic abuse recovery following a discard or divorce. We’ve also got you covered if you’re dealing with a narcissistic friend, family member, or coworker.
Know of a resource that hasn’t been added here yet? Send an email to email@example.com to have it added.
What is narcissist abuse?
Narcissist abuse is a psychological and emotional form of abuse that comes from partners or family members with narcissistic personality disorder, or at the very least, narcissistic traits that include a marked lack of empathy.
To put it mildly, narcissistic abusers behave in ways that make their victims uncomfortable. The victims of narcissistic abuse are subjected to harmful and life-altering abuse throughout their lives, often beginning in childhood.
They later often find themselves connected to a significant other who may appear to be a completely different type of person but who is shockingly similar to a childhood abuser. As you might have guessed, this kind of abuse can be devastating,
- Coaching – One-on-One and Group Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Coaching with our certified life coaches, each a survivor herself.
- App – Get your own personalized narcissistic abuse recovery plan by Angie Atkinson. Includes daily reminders, affirmations, healing exercises, and more, plus in-app communication with Angie.
- Answers – Robust FAQ section covering everything from narcissistic abuse recovery to coaching to our support groups. Get the answers you need.
- Content – Powerful articles, videos, and podcasts to help you discover, understand, and overcome narcissistic abuse in toxic relationships.
Our Testimonials – Find out what our amazing community of narcissistic abuse survivors says about recovering from narcissistic abuse with the QueenBeeing SPANily.
Quick Reference Resources for Survivors of Narcissistic Abuse
- First Aid Kit
- Financial Abuse Support & Info
- Leaving a narcissist? Check out this page and download the PLAN
- Survivor Resource Center
- No Contact Support
- Tools & Downloads
- Help someone else escape abuse
- Emergency Resources
- Survivor suicide prevention
- Free online support groups – see them all here
- Small group coaching program – this costs $60/month, but the support is tremendous. In addition to ongoing chat support throughout the week, you will have access to three live Zoom sessions with one of our coaches each week. It’s a powerful and game-changing group experience with plenty of one-on-one attention when/if you want it.
- One-on-one coaching pricing and details here.
- Find a Therapist
Recommended Psychologists & Therapists
- Dr. Robin Bryman (New York & Online)
- Dr. Judy Rosenberg, Ph.D. (Los Angeles, Sherman Oaks & Online)
- Find a therapist near you here
Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Support Groups
- SPAN (Support for People Affected by Narcissistic Abuse in Toxic Relationships) – Our flagship group, SPAN is also known as The QueenBeeing SPANily (Official). This free, private Facebook support group is professionally moderated by an amazing team of admins and the QueenBeeing coaching staff.
- SPANily Support for Co-Parenting with a Narcissist – If you’re co-parenting with a narcissist, this is the group for you. A parenting-focused narcissistic abuse recovery support group facilitated by certified narcissistic abuse recovery coaches Angie Atkinson and Colleen Brosnan.
- Support for Adult Children of Narcissistic Parents – If one or both of your parents were narcissists, chances are, you’re struggling more than you may realize. Get support from people who have been there.
- Divorce Support for Victims of Narcissistic Abuse – Facilitated by our legal expert, paralegal, and divorce coach Misty Dawn, this divorce support group offers support for divorcing a narcissist before, during, and after.
Boldly Evolving Empaths (QueenBeeing BEEs) – Facilitated by certified narcissistic abuse recovery coaches Angie Atkinson and Lise Colucci, For those survivors who are ready to thrive and who have passed the discovery and understanding phases and are ready to push forward into the next phase in their lives.
SPAN Book Club – Facilitated by SPAN admin Sarah Brown, this group offers you the opportunity to get your intellectual stimulation and share camaraderie over a shared hobby, while alleviating the typical loneliness and isolation suffered by survivors of narcissistic abuse from the comfort of your home.
- The SPANily Home – QueenBeeing.com’s OFF-FACEBOOK private narcissistic abuse recovery and resource center. Closely monitored and managed by our team of certified narcissistic abuse recovery coaches. Pricing starts at $3.99 per month.
- Free Video Coaching –Our narcissistic abuse recovery coaches Angie Atkinson and Lise Colucci each offer free online video coaching sessions through the QueenBeeing YouTube Channels. Subscribe here for Angie’s sessions and subscribe here for Lise’s sessions. To be notified 5 minutes before each coach goes live each time, you can text ANGIELIVE for Angie or LISELIVE for Lise to 33222.
- New Group Coaching Program – Several weekly session times available for small group coaching. Learn more and sign up for sessions here.
- Want more personal support? Check out our one-on-one coaching options, right here.
Narcissistic Abuse Quiz (Recovery Self-Assessments)
Relationship Assessments for Narcissistic Abuse
Are you dealing with a narcissist in a toxic relationship? Take one or more of these assessments to find out.
Narcissistic personality disorder test
While only a small percentage of people are diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder, experts estimate it’s much more prevalent than previously believed. However, they believe that the vast majority are undiagnosed. Some people have many narcissistic traits but don’t have an official diagnosis.
Are you a narcissist?
Do you have signs of narcissism or have you been involved with a narcissist? Take this Narcissistic Personality Disorder Test to learn whether you have reason to be concerned.
Am I in an abusive relationship? Quiz
Covert Narcissism Test Do you know a covert narcissist? Find out using this simple test.
Self-Assessment for Types of Narcissistic Abuse
What kinds of manipulation and abuse are you dealing with in your toxic relationship?
- Gaslighting Test Are you being gaslighted? Take this test and find the truth.
- Catfishing Quiz Are you being catfished? This test will give you answers.
Self-Assessments for Narcissistic Abuse Recovery
What can you learn about yourself to help in your healing during narcissistic abuse recovery?
- Depression Test Are you depressed?
Narcissistic Victim Syndrome Quiz – C-PTSD Test
What is narcissistic abuse syndrome?
Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome is an often-unrecognized disorder that affects victims of narcissistic abuse. The term was created within the narcissistic abuse community.
Still, it refers to Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (C-PTSD) which is a serious mental health condition affecting a large percentage of victims and survivors of narcissistic abuse.
This disorder can take years to treat, and many professionals aren’t familiar with its symptoms or misdiagnose it.
They may even victim-blame if they aren’t familiar with the subtle tricks of a narcissist. Unfortunately, it can be a lifelong condition, but it can be managed with mindfulness and behavior modification, among other therapies and modalities.
Could you have C-PTSD as a result of narcissistic abuse?
Take the C-PTSD Test here.
Self-Assessments for Survivors of Narcissistic Abuse
- Empath Test Are you an empath? Narcissists are often drawn to empaths, so it’s very possible. This test will help you figure out if you are an empath.
- Trauma Bonding Test Are you dealing with trauma bonding with a toxic narcissist? This test will help you decide if you’re trauma bonded and give you free resources to start healing.
Self-Assessments for Healing After Narcissistic Abuse
Which Narcissistic Abuse Recovery Program and Stage of Recovery Best Fits You Right Now?
- Stages of Recovery Test Which stage of narcissistic abuse recovery are you in? Find out with this simple DUO Method Stages of Recovery quiz. Results will direct you to free resources to help you where you are.
- Recovery Program Quiz Which narcissistic abuse recovery program is right for you?
Online Coaching Help at Udemy (Online Learning)
- Rewrite Your Story After Narcissistic Abuse Online Course
- Take Back Your Life After Narcissistic Abuse Online Course
Books & eBooks on Narcissism and Relationships
- RECOMMENDED: See our ultimate list of recommended books for narcissistic abuse survivors!
- Take Back Your Power: How to End People Pleasing, Stop Letting Life Happen to You, and Start Getting What You Want
- See more of Atkinson’s books at BooksAngieWrote.com. Like QueenBeeing, each of her books is geared at somehow improving your life.
Free Articles on Narcissism and Emotional Abuse and Manipulation
- Visit this page to see the most recent articles on narcissism at QueenBeeing.com
- Narcissist in Your Life? 35+ Tools and Resources That Can Help
- Toxic Narcissism in Relationships: Top 10 Warning Signs You’re Being Gaslighted
- Narcissistic Rage and Narcissistic Injury: What You Need to Know
- How Self-Proclaimed Narcissist Sam Vaknin Gaslighted Me on Facebook
- Are you married to a narcissist? 12 easy ways to know for sure
- Exposed! 10 Shocking Facts Your Narcissist Doesn’t Want You to Know
- Broken Eggshells: The real reason you haven’t already left your narcissist
- Twisted Toxic Love: Inside the Distorted Mind of a Narcissist
- Are you being gaslighted? 10 things you need to know
- Toxic Relationships and Narcissism: Know the Stages of Gaslighting
- The Narcissistic Flip: Why and how it’s always your fault
- Narcissistic Altruism: The Gift That Keeps On Taking
- Shocking Truth: This is Why Even Very Smart People Can Be Gaslighted
- Toxic Love: 44 warning signs that you’re being emotionally abused
- Codependent-Toxic: Portrait of a Narcissist’s Significant Other
- Take Back Your Life: How to Control a Narcissist
- Take Back Your Life: Stop Letting Your Narcissist Parents Control You, NOW!
- Love a Narcissist? Stop Gaslighting in its Tracks With This Foolproof Trick
- Help for Victims of Narcissism and Gaslighting
- Let’s Talk About You: 10 Signs YOU Might Be a Narcissist
- Triangulation: Why you should never try to fix an argument for a narcissist
- Toxic Relationship? How to Stop Feeling ‘Dead Inside’